Hackett comeback!?!

olympictalk.nbcsports.com/.../ I wonder where he'd focus his efforts. With the crop of 1500 guys that Australia has, that might be a challenge, but Hackett was exceptional from the 200 through the 1500. If he comes back, does he make the 4 x 200 relay? The 200 individually? The 400 or 1500?
Parents
  • That 3:46 was exceptional. Although he's got some tough competition at home to make Rio in an individual event, I think this swim puts him back in the mix for the 400. I suspect he'll make the 4 x 200 team for their Worlds team this summer. I don't know the Aussie selection rules if they bring relay only swimmers or the Worlds' rules to know if he goes as a relay swimmer if he'd still be able to compete in any individual events. Any way you cut it, that was an impressive swim. At the top of the podium, it's great to see Mack Horton to continue to break through. If Sun Yang is going to have a challenger, I think it is coming from Mr. Horton.
  • That 3:46 was exceptional. Although he's got some tough competition at home to make Rio in an individual event, I think this swim puts him back in the mix for the 400. I suspect he'll make the 4 x 200 team for their Worlds team this summer. I don't know the Aussie selection rules if they bring relay only swimmers or the Worlds' rules to know if he goes as a relay swimmer if he'd still be able to compete in any individual events. Any way you cut it, that was an impressive swim. At the top of the podium, it's great to see Mack Horton to continue to break through. If Sun Yang is going to have a challenger, I think it is coming from Mr. Horton.
Children
No Data