Recovery & Swimming After Hip Arthroscopy

Have any of you had hip arthroscopy? If so, I would be interested in hearing your experience post-op. I would like your suggestions on how to keep fit before I am allowed to return to the pool, and I am interested to hear what your return to swimming was like after recovery. My surgery (psoas release and possible labral tear) is scheduled for December 17, and I was told it would probably be three weeks before I am allowed to return to swimming (no kicking allowed), 3-4 months before I can return to full swimming, and 5 months before I can return to competition. How does this compare to your experience? Thanks!
Parents
  • Glad that you are back to full power! Are you going to Spring Nats? Thanks, Moody! I wouldn't say I'm back to full power just yet. I'm running on four cylinders; however, I'm running more like a cheap American gutless wonder :help: rather than a zippy sports car :bolt:! My times are slowww. :whiteflag: Since my doctor said I can't compete until May, and breaststroke kicking will have to wait even longer, I'll have to miss Spring Nats. :badday: Instead, my first meet back will be a funky little Senior Games meet in Gwinnett County. I'll have to use a dolphin kick for breaststroke (as I did for St. Nick's), and I won't be pushing it 100% yet. Have a blast in San Antonio, Moody, and good luck! :cheerleader:
  • Glad that you are back to full power! Are you going to Spring Nats? Thanks, Moody! I wouldn't say I'm back to full power just yet. I'm running on four cylinders; however, I'm running more like a cheap American gutless wonder :help: rather than a zippy sports car :bolt:! My times are slowww. :whiteflag: Since my doctor said I can't compete until May, and breaststroke kicking will have to wait even longer, I'll have to miss Spring Nats. :badday: Instead, my first meet back will be a funky little Senior Games meet in Gwinnett County. I'll have to use a dolphin kick for breaststroke (as I did for St. Nick's), and I won't be pushing it 100% yet. Have a blast in San Antonio, Moody, and good luck! :cheerleader:
Children
No Data