Recovery & Swimming After Hip Arthroscopy

Have any of you had hip arthroscopy? If so, I would be interested in hearing your experience post-op. I would like your suggestions on how to keep fit before I am allowed to return to the pool, and I am interested to hear what your return to swimming was like after recovery. My surgery (psoas release and possible labral tear) is scheduled for December 17, and I was told it would probably be three weeks before I am allowed to return to swimming (no kicking allowed), 3-4 months before I can return to full swimming, and 5 months before I can return to competition. How does this compare to your experience? Thanks!
Parents
  • Gonna miss you in Auburn (again :badday:) but I'm glad everything went well and you are on the way to recovery. I'm really bummed about missing that meet again! It has always been one of my favorites, especially because that's where I met you, your teammates, and Swimosaur. Connor Bailey always does a fabulous job running the meet, too. Thanks for your message, Peter! Please pass along my best holiday wishes to your team. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family, too! I am glad the surgery went well. I hope your recovery is swift and complete. Thanks, King Frog! Hey, I was talking with Skip (Frank Thompson) at the St. Nick's meet, and I learned all about the "King Frog" that came before you. I had no idea there WAS one before you! To me, you are the one and only "King Frog". :D Happy holidays to you and your Seal Girl! I hope she is doing well!
  • Gonna miss you in Auburn (again :badday:) but I'm glad everything went well and you are on the way to recovery. I'm really bummed about missing that meet again! It has always been one of my favorites, especially because that's where I met you, your teammates, and Swimosaur. Connor Bailey always does a fabulous job running the meet, too. Thanks for your message, Peter! Please pass along my best holiday wishes to your team. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family, too! I am glad the surgery went well. I hope your recovery is swift and complete. Thanks, King Frog! Hey, I was talking with Skip (Frank Thompson) at the St. Nick's meet, and I learned all about the "King Frog" that came before you. I had no idea there WAS one before you! To me, you are the one and only "King Frog". :D Happy holidays to you and your Seal Girl! I hope she is doing well!
Children
No Data