Recovery & Swimming After Hip Arthroscopy

Have any of you had hip arthroscopy? If so, I would be interested in hearing your experience post-op. I would like your suggestions on how to keep fit before I am allowed to return to the pool, and I am interested to hear what your return to swimming was like after recovery. My surgery (psoas release and possible labral tear) is scheduled for December 17, and I was told it would probably be three weeks before I am allowed to return to swimming (no kicking allowed), 3-4 months before I can return to full swimming, and 5 months before I can return to competition. How does this compare to your experience? Thanks!
Parents
  • Once a frog,always a frog,even if you can't swim like one(hopefully just for awhile.) I am sure recovering will be challenging,but I have faith in you. :bighug: Thanks, K.F.! :angel: I'm glad to hear that you were able to get in touch with Hailey and that she gave you some good info! Hailey does do breaststroke on occasion now, so hopefully you're able to make a full recovery and get back to swimming like a frog as well :) Thanks, Fly Trap! I sure hope so! :groovy: Elaine - keep us posted after the day of repair/replacement .Best wishes for you!!! Thanks, Orca! I appreciate it! Good luck Elaine - hope they are able to successfully repair the labrum, and that you are able to regain your kick. Will be a good chance to work on the other strokes. I haven't been able to kick breaststroke for the past two months, so I've been working the most on freestyle. Running on 3 cylinders makes backstroke more difficult as well, but surprisingly, fly is fine as long as I don't kick hard and just let my legs flow. Thanks for your good luck wishes!
  • Once a frog,always a frog,even if you can't swim like one(hopefully just for awhile.) I am sure recovering will be challenging,but I have faith in you. :bighug: Thanks, K.F.! :angel: I'm glad to hear that you were able to get in touch with Hailey and that she gave you some good info! Hailey does do breaststroke on occasion now, so hopefully you're able to make a full recovery and get back to swimming like a frog as well :) Thanks, Fly Trap! I sure hope so! :groovy: Elaine - keep us posted after the day of repair/replacement .Best wishes for you!!! Thanks, Orca! I appreciate it! Good luck Elaine - hope they are able to successfully repair the labrum, and that you are able to regain your kick. Will be a good chance to work on the other strokes. I haven't been able to kick breaststroke for the past two months, so I've been working the most on freestyle. Running on 3 cylinders makes backstroke more difficult as well, but surprisingly, fly is fine as long as I don't kick hard and just let my legs flow. Thanks for your good luck wishes!
Children
No Data