Written workout translation

After lots of encouragement, the masters swim group that I workout with once or twice weekly added a pool workout for open water swimmers. Supposedly they copied them from the USMS website. But, there are a few terms in the main set on the written workout that I couldn't understand. The people who run the workout aren't really avid open water swimmers and couldn't say either. I'm wondering if anyone here might help out by explaining what they mean. Specifically in the 6x100s, the 5x200s, 6x25s, and the 5x50s. 50m underwater. Really? "3@B, 2@B +5" "chill"...what's all that mean? Main Set 6 x 100 (50 Under h2o Kick 50 build) R :10 5 x 200 Alternating: - 3 @ B - 2 @ B +5 w/dedicated sighting pattern on 1st & 3rd 50 1 x 500 w/buoy (250 catch focus, 250 finish focus) 6 x 25 (throttle 3, chill for 4, throttle 3) @ :15 rest 5 x 50 (25 hard build, 25 chill) r :15 Thanks for the help. Dan
Parents
  • I don't have access to that link because I'm not a USMS paying member. But, I understand the "base" explanation. Do you know if that list gives any indication as to the prescribed effort for "throttle" and "chill"? Dan
  • I don't have access to that link because I'm not a USMS paying member. But, I understand the "base" explanation. Do you know if that list gives any indication as to the prescribed effort for "throttle" and "chill"? Dan
Children
No Data