Swimmer's ear

Former Member
Former Member
I searched this forum in various ways and couldn't find this topic, which I find hard to believe. I think I have swimmer's ear, which is weird, b/c I haven't had that in decades. It seems to hurt at night, then itches. I'm wondering if it's ok to swim or should I wait it out. Do I need any kind of antibiotic ear drops? I usually use homemade drops (white vinegar/alcohol) after swimming, but haven't done it lately.
Parents
  • I am going to try Dymista. (SP?) It's a combo of nasal cortosteroid & antihistamine. Have you heard of it? OMGosh! Never heard of it but just googled. Wouldn't take it if my life depended on it. Did you read the side effects?!?! :badday::afraid: It says it's a combo of Fluticasone and something else. Never heard of that something else. And Fluticasone doesn't have the same potential serious side effects. LOL Though in my mind all drugs are bad. I've no insight or recommendation for you on this one. Good luck
  • I am going to try Dymista. (SP?) It's a combo of nasal cortosteroid & antihistamine. Have you heard of it? OMGosh! Never heard of it but just googled. Wouldn't take it if my life depended on it. Did you read the side effects?!?! :badday::afraid: It says it's a combo of Fluticasone and something else. Never heard of that something else. And Fluticasone doesn't have the same potential serious side effects. LOL Though in my mind all drugs are bad. I've no insight or recommendation for you on this one. Good luck
Children
No Data