Swimmer's ear

Former Member
Former Member
I searched this forum in various ways and couldn't find this topic, which I find hard to believe. I think I have swimmer's ear, which is weird, b/c I haven't had that in decades. It seems to hurt at night, then itches. I'm wondering if it's ok to swim or should I wait it out. Do I need any kind of antibiotic ear drops? I usually use homemade drops (white vinegar/alcohol) after swimming, but haven't done it lately.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Hi dulfin, it sounds like we both suffer from similar issues. I have year round allergies, and right now, the cold front and mold from the dampness is causing lots of congestion and sneezing. I hate to take meds. I haven't had antiobiotics in 5 years and hated taking these ear drops, but I'm afraid to take a chance that this could turn into the 9 months of vertigo I suffered from 5 years ago after an upper respiratory infection. Just to clarify--will the ear drops and a decongestant work? Or should I take an antihistamine with the ear drops?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Hi dulfin, it sounds like we both suffer from similar issues. I have year round allergies, and right now, the cold front and mold from the dampness is causing lots of congestion and sneezing. I hate to take meds. I haven't had antiobiotics in 5 years and hated taking these ear drops, but I'm afraid to take a chance that this could turn into the 9 months of vertigo I suffered from 5 years ago after an upper respiratory infection. Just to clarify--will the ear drops and a decongestant work? Or should I take an antihistamine with the ear drops?
Children
No Data