Swimmer's ear

Former Member
Former Member
I searched this forum in various ways and couldn't find this topic, which I find hard to believe. I think I have swimmer's ear, which is weird, b/c I haven't had that in decades. It seems to hurt at night, then itches. I'm wondering if it's ok to swim or should I wait it out. Do I need any kind of antibiotic ear drops? I usually use homemade drops (white vinegar/alcohol) after swimming, but haven't done it lately.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    dulfin, yes, I am using Ciprodex. I only used it once last night and didn't have to take any ibuprofen yet, and it's 24 hours later. Wouldn't that seem to indicate there IS an infection? I am taking a very mild decongestant. She wants to drain the congestion. Is your allergy pill an anthistamine, decongestant or both?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    dulfin, yes, I am using Ciprodex. I only used it once last night and didn't have to take any ibuprofen yet, and it's 24 hours later. Wouldn't that seem to indicate there IS an infection? I am taking a very mild decongestant. She wants to drain the congestion. Is your allergy pill an anthistamine, decongestant or both?
Children
No Data