Swimmer's ear

Former Member
Former Member
I searched this forum in various ways and couldn't find this topic, which I find hard to believe. I think I have swimmer's ear, which is weird, b/c I haven't had that in decades. It seems to hurt at night, then itches. I'm wondering if it's ok to swim or should I wait it out. Do I need any kind of antibiotic ear drops? I usually use homemade drops (white vinegar/alcohol) after swimming, but haven't done it lately.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I went to the doctor, and she said I have fluid in the ear, no infection, but I managed to convince her to prescribe ear drops (Cortisone/antibiotic). With my inner ear issues, I don't want to risk this ending up as an infection, and lose even more time in the pool. Back in 2009, I got some awful inner ear virus and had such severe motion sickness 24/7 that all I could do was the basics in life. Absolutely no swimming - I couldn't even use my electric toothbrush - the motion made me nauseous and dizzy. It lasted 9 months!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I went to the doctor, and she said I have fluid in the ear, no infection, but I managed to convince her to prescribe ear drops (Cortisone/antibiotic). With my inner ear issues, I don't want to risk this ending up as an infection, and lose even more time in the pool. Back in 2009, I got some awful inner ear virus and had such severe motion sickness 24/7 that all I could do was the basics in life. Absolutely no swimming - I couldn't even use my electric toothbrush - the motion made me nauseous and dizzy. It lasted 9 months!
Children
No Data