I can't find a good program for sprinters :/

Former Member
Former Member
Hey guys! I'm in need of a program for sprinters. I experienced a lay-off where I couldn't swim for the past 2 months. My best times are kinda slow so don't hate (all in 25 yard pool) 50 Free: Low 26's like 26:24 100 Free: Mid 57 like 57:50 100 Breastroke: 1:14 I need to utilize the next 3 years as much as I possibly can. I have access to a swim pool from Monday-Friday 5:00 - 7:15 A.M. I am so hungry right now to improve my times, I'm willing to do whatever I need to. Would be kinda hard to do 2 a days at the pool right now, but I am on a dedicated strength program 3x a week. My only problem is everywhere I look, I can't find any swim programs that are dedicated for sprinters. I feel like what I was doing before, which was just making stuff up as I go, was completely unoptimal and I need linear progression. Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide me. Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Good that you've found renewed motivation to find a program that's right for you and improve your times! Start off with a stroke analysis to find out what areas of your stroke need improvement. Although some tend to consider technique lower priority, it should actually be your first priority since you can improve efficiency and avoid injuries with the proper stroke technique. Incorporate technique work into your routine consistently. When it comes to finding a program, be sure that it is customized for your needs. Using a generic training plan may provide you with some results, but that is not guaranteed and, unless the plan is written specifically for you, it might not give you the level of success you are seeking. Swimming is a very individual sport and what works for some, might not work for others. Good luck! I just don't know where I can find any programs at all! Cause I'm not an official USMS member. Could you possibly be a mid to distance swimmer? Those base times are just two plots but they seem to follow that trend Well mid-distance I suppose I could consider. Like 200's, but 400's and up I will never do. They just aren't my race. I've swam them a few times in the past, and I just love the 50 and the 100. My 200 times are even slower than my current sprint times. Look here forums.usms.org/forumdisplay.php . Page 3 and before. Can't access it cause I don't really have the money to become an official member yet.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Good that you've found renewed motivation to find a program that's right for you and improve your times! Start off with a stroke analysis to find out what areas of your stroke need improvement. Although some tend to consider technique lower priority, it should actually be your first priority since you can improve efficiency and avoid injuries with the proper stroke technique. Incorporate technique work into your routine consistently. When it comes to finding a program, be sure that it is customized for your needs. Using a generic training plan may provide you with some results, but that is not guaranteed and, unless the plan is written specifically for you, it might not give you the level of success you are seeking. Swimming is a very individual sport and what works for some, might not work for others. Good luck! I just don't know where I can find any programs at all! Cause I'm not an official USMS member. Could you possibly be a mid to distance swimmer? Those base times are just two plots but they seem to follow that trend Well mid-distance I suppose I could consider. Like 200's, but 400's and up I will never do. They just aren't my race. I've swam them a few times in the past, and I just love the 50 and the 100. My 200 times are even slower than my current sprint times. Look here forums.usms.org/forumdisplay.php . Page 3 and before. Can't access it cause I don't really have the money to become an official member yet.
Children
No Data