First non-freestyle top 10 listing!

Looks like preliminary top 10 listings for the LCM season are out! Unfortunately, due to a bad bike wreck just before nationals, I only got to swim one, one-day LCM meet. But I got one relay top 10 and 3 top 10s as an individual, including my first non-freestyle top 10 in the 400 IM. Snuck in at number 10 by just over a second. Not too bad for someone who just learned all of the strokes and how to do flip turns a couple years ago :D. I swam the 400 IM at the end of the one-day meet after doing the 1500 free at the beginning of the meet and IMMEDIATELY after the 4 x 200 free relay -- not recommended as it's extremely painful to go right into a 100 fly after going all out on a 200 free. Bummed that I didn't get a chance to earn top 10 times for the 200 fly and 400 free, which I would have swum at nationals and had a good shot at top 10 times. But thankful to just be alive at this point after a very scary bike wreck. Who else is excited or happy about making the list?
Parents
  • If it holds up I picked up my first ever Top Ten in the 100 free. In fact I think it's my first Top Ten time in an event under 200 yards or meters! Holy cow! Nice job Kirk! I'm still looking for my first top 10 under 400 meters. I don't know if I'll ever get there unless I just outlive everyone else :) Glad the accident did not hurt you in the long run. Good swims! Well, I don't know if I'd make that claim just yet as it's a bit early to say how things will play out in the long run. I'm going to swim my first meet since the accident next weekend. Will be doing the 800 SCM. Hoping to make a decent showing for only being about 3 months post accident and clavicle surgery. Also planning on swimming the 6000 yard postal tomorrow. I did the 3000 two weekends ago and it hurt like hell and I was 45 seconds slower than last year. I'm sitting at 4th in the 1500. Not bad since it was swum 6 months and 1 week to the day from having shoulder surgery. And 8th in the 800 free. I didn't expect the 800 That's not bad at all! I'd say that's really good, actually. Super impressive and quick comeback! Looking at the results in my age group it appears Hubie Kerns got TT in every event. Also Glenn Gruber was #1 in the 50 free,Glenn,I didn't know you could sprint. I looked at Glenn's age group too and was surprised to see him at the top of the list for the 50 free. Very impressive Glenn!
  • If it holds up I picked up my first ever Top Ten in the 100 free. In fact I think it's my first Top Ten time in an event under 200 yards or meters! Holy cow! Nice job Kirk! I'm still looking for my first top 10 under 400 meters. I don't know if I'll ever get there unless I just outlive everyone else :) Glad the accident did not hurt you in the long run. Good swims! Well, I don't know if I'd make that claim just yet as it's a bit early to say how things will play out in the long run. I'm going to swim my first meet since the accident next weekend. Will be doing the 800 SCM. Hoping to make a decent showing for only being about 3 months post accident and clavicle surgery. Also planning on swimming the 6000 yard postal tomorrow. I did the 3000 two weekends ago and it hurt like hell and I was 45 seconds slower than last year. I'm sitting at 4th in the 1500. Not bad since it was swum 6 months and 1 week to the day from having shoulder surgery. And 8th in the 800 free. I didn't expect the 800 That's not bad at all! I'd say that's really good, actually. Super impressive and quick comeback! Looking at the results in my age group it appears Hubie Kerns got TT in every event. Also Glenn Gruber was #1 in the 50 free,Glenn,I didn't know you could sprint. I looked at Glenn's age group too and was surprised to see him at the top of the list for the 50 free. Very impressive Glenn!
Children
No Data