Post shoulder surgery again

I'm slowly recovering from my second shoulder surgery. I'm eight weeks post-op and can finally get in the water for some kick sets. Anyone have any advice or suggestions to keep things interesting and safe?
Parents
  • I had rotator cuff surgery acouple years ago (severely torn supraspinatus muscle). Not one to use the kickboard much…afterbeing cleared to swim again by both the surgeon and my PTs, I used the kickboard considerably more than before the operation. I realized that my position in the water while using the kickboard pretty much mimicked a stretching position that my PTs were putting me through. I checked with them and they concurred. In fact…I stacked two kickboards just to get a bit more of a stretch. Worked well! Eventually I gained more range of motion than I had prior to the injury. Good luck. Dan
  • I had rotator cuff surgery acouple years ago (severely torn supraspinatus muscle). Not one to use the kickboard much…afterbeing cleared to swim again by both the surgeon and my PTs, I used the kickboard considerably more than before the operation. I realized that my position in the water while using the kickboard pretty much mimicked a stretching position that my PTs were putting me through. I checked with them and they concurred. In fact…I stacked two kickboards just to get a bit more of a stretch. Worked well! Eventually I gained more range of motion than I had prior to the injury. Good luck. Dan
Children
No Data