Post shoulder surgery again

I'm slowly recovering from my second shoulder surgery. I'm eight weeks post-op and can finally get in the water for some kick sets. Anyone have any advice or suggestions to keep things interesting and safe?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I'm slowly recovering from my second shoulder surgery. I'm eight weeks post-op and can finally get in the water for some kick sets. Anyone have any advice or suggestions to keep things interesting and safe? What's your doctor's option? A while ago I get run over by a car (white Audi A6, felt very heavy) when I fell off my motorcycle and got an AC tear. My doctor said that as long as I don't feel any pain, any activity is fine; that the shoulder joint healed itself even though my healed shoulder is 1" lower than it used to be. During that time, I also researched whether to get surgery and learned a bunch about shoulder. 3 weeks ago, I injured my normal shoulder while playing with my kids. It is pretty serious but I decided not to see any doctors (although I have good insurance) because based on my understanding, I don't think there's much our current medical sciences can do for me. It still hurts, i.e. no full range of motion and the best thing for me is to not do anything. But I decided to go swim anyway. The only stroke that doesn't cause my any pain is the butterfly; so I just swim that. Streamline position causes me pain so I don't do it. Anyway, this post is turning out to be longer than I anticipated. I probably should have just stated my opinion WRT shoulder: if it doesn't hurt, then it's Ok. your injury/recovery may be different...and I may even be wrong. But so far so good for me.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I'm slowly recovering from my second shoulder surgery. I'm eight weeks post-op and can finally get in the water for some kick sets. Anyone have any advice or suggestions to keep things interesting and safe? What's your doctor's option? A while ago I get run over by a car (white Audi A6, felt very heavy) when I fell off my motorcycle and got an AC tear. My doctor said that as long as I don't feel any pain, any activity is fine; that the shoulder joint healed itself even though my healed shoulder is 1" lower than it used to be. During that time, I also researched whether to get surgery and learned a bunch about shoulder. 3 weeks ago, I injured my normal shoulder while playing with my kids. It is pretty serious but I decided not to see any doctors (although I have good insurance) because based on my understanding, I don't think there's much our current medical sciences can do for me. It still hurts, i.e. no full range of motion and the best thing for me is to not do anything. But I decided to go swim anyway. The only stroke that doesn't cause my any pain is the butterfly; so I just swim that. Streamline position causes me pain so I don't do it. Anyway, this post is turning out to be longer than I anticipated. I probably should have just stated my opinion WRT shoulder: if it doesn't hurt, then it's Ok. your injury/recovery may be different...and I may even be wrong. But so far so good for me.
Children
No Data