Post shoulder surgery again

I'm slowly recovering from my second shoulder surgery. I'm eight weeks post-op and can finally get in the water for some kick sets. Anyone have any advice or suggestions to keep things interesting and safe?
Parents
  • Bummer about the second shoulder surgery. I definitely feel for you. I'm coming off the worst accident/injury of my life that involved shoulder surgery to plate my broken collar bone. I broke my scapula, as well, and 4 ribs. I couldn't move my left arm for about 5 weeks. Then I got back in the water, but I certainly couldn't swim, so I did 3000 yards kicking every day for nearly 6 weeks! I did pretty much the same set every day -- yes, I'm one of those people who doesn't really get bored or burned out doing the same thing all the time. I'm not saying this is interesting at all, but here's what I did: 20 x 50 @ 1:00 pickle kick with fins (dolphin kick with arms at your side) 20 x 50 @ :55 free kick with fins (arms at your side) Take off fins 2 x ( 5 x 50 @ 1:10 pickle kick 5 x 50 @ 1:00 free kick ) To mix it up, sometimes I'd do 75s or 100s. My core and kick are now stronger than they've ever been! Good luck with your recovery. Hope you find something that works for you to keep it interesting and to get you on the road to full recovery and swimming again.
  • Bummer about the second shoulder surgery. I definitely feel for you. I'm coming off the worst accident/injury of my life that involved shoulder surgery to plate my broken collar bone. I broke my scapula, as well, and 4 ribs. I couldn't move my left arm for about 5 weeks. Then I got back in the water, but I certainly couldn't swim, so I did 3000 yards kicking every day for nearly 6 weeks! I did pretty much the same set every day -- yes, I'm one of those people who doesn't really get bored or burned out doing the same thing all the time. I'm not saying this is interesting at all, but here's what I did: 20 x 50 @ 1:00 pickle kick with fins (dolphin kick with arms at your side) 20 x 50 @ :55 free kick with fins (arms at your side) Take off fins 2 x ( 5 x 50 @ 1:10 pickle kick 5 x 50 @ 1:00 free kick ) To mix it up, sometimes I'd do 75s or 100s. My core and kick are now stronger than they've ever been! Good luck with your recovery. Hope you find something that works for you to keep it interesting and to get you on the road to full recovery and swimming again.
Children
No Data