Swim teams and uniforms

Former Member
Former Member
Just wondering if there has ever been any research on whether swim team uniforms have an impact on a swimmer's performance, either positive or negative. Any research on the effects of uniforms on the team as a whole?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Thank you for replying everyone. Here is a thought for those in the ivory towers who might need to do some research. Look at times, places, points, whatever by whether or not the team wore suits. Question: Do teams, perhaps from lower income areas, are smaller, etc., that do not wear team suits/caps fare less well because 1) they aren't wearing team suits or 2) because their times are just slower in the first place? It has been a LONG LONG LONG time since I did academic research and thought about the statistical methods I would use, but I bet the effect of 'slower times to begin with' could be covaried or somehow taken out of the equation.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Thank you for replying everyone. Here is a thought for those in the ivory towers who might need to do some research. Look at times, places, points, whatever by whether or not the team wore suits. Question: Do teams, perhaps from lower income areas, are smaller, etc., that do not wear team suits/caps fare less well because 1) they aren't wearing team suits or 2) because their times are just slower in the first place? It has been a LONG LONG LONG time since I did academic research and thought about the statistical methods I would use, but I bet the effect of 'slower times to begin with' could be covaried or somehow taken out of the equation.
Children
No Data