Swim teams and uniforms

Former Member
Former Member
Just wondering if there has ever been any research on whether swim team uniforms have an impact on a swimmer's performance, either positive or negative. Any research on the effects of uniforms on the team as a whole?
Parents
  • cant give a big enough "what he said" above loud enough. its one thing to have new warmups with your teammates as all 4 or 5 of you walk into jr nationals. super fun being one of the few from your small club. i remember going to a big meet (pretty sure it was World Championship Trials in '82) and the speedo rep giving me a brand new solid green *lycra* racing suit...it was nothing close to our teams colors....but it was a FREE racing suit from the speedo guy. man i was on top of the world! 2 years later it is entirely different when you and your 65 teammates walk into SR nationals and take over an entire lane after weeks upon weeks of 10k workouts knowing that at the end of this week, we will notch another national team championship. i've talked with quite a few of them (some are now coaches at clubs and universities) and none of us can comprehend what we did and how we did it if it wasnt for those also in the same lanes doing it. i've done both. being on a little team can be very fun, but being a tiny part of the greatest swimming dynasty ever just doesnt seem to suck either.
  • cant give a big enough "what he said" above loud enough. its one thing to have new warmups with your teammates as all 4 or 5 of you walk into jr nationals. super fun being one of the few from your small club. i remember going to a big meet (pretty sure it was World Championship Trials in '82) and the speedo rep giving me a brand new solid green *lycra* racing suit...it was nothing close to our teams colors....but it was a FREE racing suit from the speedo guy. man i was on top of the world! 2 years later it is entirely different when you and your 65 teammates walk into SR nationals and take over an entire lane after weeks upon weeks of 10k workouts knowing that at the end of this week, we will notch another national team championship. i've talked with quite a few of them (some are now coaches at clubs and universities) and none of us can comprehend what we did and how we did it if it wasnt for those also in the same lanes doing it. i've done both. being on a little team can be very fun, but being a tiny part of the greatest swimming dynasty ever just doesnt seem to suck either.
Children
No Data