Swim teams and uniforms

Former Member
Former Member
Just wondering if there has ever been any research on whether swim team uniforms have an impact on a swimmer's performance, either positive or negative. Any research on the effects of uniforms on the team as a whole?
Parents
  • I can only speak from my personal experience. Swimming is thought of as mostly an individual sport, but anyone who has trained at even a semi-high level knows that teammates help you get over that wall and keep pushing through. Usually, wearing a "team suit" is somewhat a source of pride - it represents what you have accomplished with the help of a team. I suppose if the suit is really ugly or uncomfortable there might be an issue. But even then, there is still the camaraderie of wearing it with friends and a team.
  • I can only speak from my personal experience. Swimming is thought of as mostly an individual sport, but anyone who has trained at even a semi-high level knows that teammates help you get over that wall and keep pushing through. Usually, wearing a "team suit" is somewhat a source of pride - it represents what you have accomplished with the help of a team. I suppose if the suit is really ugly or uncomfortable there might be an issue. But even then, there is still the camaraderie of wearing it with friends and a team.
Children
No Data