Pre Meet Advice

Former Member
Former Member
I have a swim meet coming up this weekend Nov 1, Nov 2. I haven't raced in almost 6 years. I have, however, been swimming all the time. The meet restricts each competitor to only two events. Each event is a timed final. I guess they do this to save time. I have entered the 50 m and 100 m free. The last time I raced these events I went 26.15 and 59.01 respectively. Back then, however, I did more training than I am doing now. Recently, I have been swimming 4 times a week, averaging about 1500 m to 2300 m per session. In the mornings I follow a home fitness program which involves some very vigorous cardio, dumbbell work, body weight workouts, etc. It can be really exhausting and leave my muscles sore for a couple of days afterwards. My questions are: should I drop the home exercise program in this final week before the meet? how much swimming should I be doing and what should I be concentrating on in the pool? what should I be eating? and probably the biggest question of all, how do I warm up on the day of the meet?
Parents Reply Children
No Data