Championship Season!!! (Darian Townsend)

Hi All My name is Darian Townsend, I am an Olympic Gold Medalist from South Africa ( ). I am a 3 time Olympian (2004, 2008 and 2012). I held the SCM 200 IM world record in 2009/2010 and I currently hold 24 Masters world records. Just thought I would introduce myself before I got into what I wanted to say today :) I am going to be blogging about once a week or so on various swimming topics I am interested in or if any of you have topics you would like my opinion on, please feel free to message me and I will respond with a blog. With the Championship season fast approaching (I assume you all are tapering for a meet last November/early December) I wanted to hear from you on what your expectations are and where you feel you are in your training? Do you feel confident that best times are coming? What makes this season different from last year, what have you done differently? Has a new piece of equipment you bought really made a big difference to your training? From me personally, this season has been great so far. Firstly I am now American, and able to represent the US internationally. This is a huge deal for me and I feel very proud to call myself an American. After living here for over 10 years now, it feels great to wear the Red, White and Blue on my cap! After a summer of trying a new form a training called USRPT (Ultra Short Race Pace Training) I decided to go back to the more traditional way of training, and I am really enjoying it! There is nothing quite like doing a long kick set and getting out the water afterwards and having your legs feel like jelly! (Kick sets are one thing that USRPT doesn't involve). I enjoy swimming, fast and slow in practice, so to be able to vary my efforts again is really making me happy once again to be in the water working hard! So how is your season going? What meets are you doing? I am always looking for a meet to swim in a new place I haven't visited before? Cheers
Parents
  • Hi All So how is your season going? What meets are you doing? I am always looking for a meet to swim in a new place I haven't visited before? Terrible. You knocked me off the #1 spot in the 200 IM LCM 30-34 Top Ten rankings! :bitching: Just kidding, I'm not mad. Your time was awesome. We all know who you are! I have been taking a break after Masters World Champs. I might swim the Colonies Zone SCM championship at Freedom Center in Manassas, VA in December.
  • Hi All So how is your season going? What meets are you doing? I am always looking for a meet to swim in a new place I haven't visited before? Terrible. You knocked me off the #1 spot in the 200 IM LCM 30-34 Top Ten rankings! :bitching: Just kidding, I'm not mad. Your time was awesome. We all know who you are! I have been taking a break after Masters World Champs. I might swim the Colonies Zone SCM championship at Freedom Center in Manassas, VA in December.
Children
No Data