Training for pure speed

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I am looking for training method to improce sprint speed. I used to swim competitively when I was young, stopped a little more than 10 years ago (i am 32). Now I am trying to improve my 50 free SCM. I just restarted swimming this year and swam my 50 in pratices at 27.5. I would love to get back to 24.9. Any tips or ideas on the trainig type? (technique should be fine and I know what to improve, its mostly the training type I am not so sure) I train 3 times a week and i'll eventually go to 4-5 when my body can handle it. Thanks!
Parents
  • Thanks everyone for all the good info! Sadly I can't look at Leslie workout (I am not a USMS, I am Canadian, sorry for hijacking your forum but our is pretty bad). I am looking into Ande blog and evrything is pretty interesting! Hopfully I can come down under 25 in my SCM before we start the LCM season (Sadly, we don't swim SCY, that would be really good for me since I am better the shorter it is and I have excellent turns). I have a blog you could refer to as well, which includes virtually all HIT workouts over many years. Lately, I'm just kicking though due to an RC tear, so better to refer to earlier workouts.
  • Thanks everyone for all the good info! Sadly I can't look at Leslie workout (I am not a USMS, I am Canadian, sorry for hijacking your forum but our is pretty bad). I am looking into Ande blog and evrything is pretty interesting! Hopfully I can come down under 25 in my SCM before we start the LCM season (Sadly, we don't swim SCY, that would be really good for me since I am better the shorter it is and I have excellent turns). I have a blog you could refer to as well, which includes virtually all HIT workouts over many years. Lately, I'm just kicking though due to an RC tear, so better to refer to earlier workouts.
Children
No Data