Training for pure speed

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I am looking for training method to improce sprint speed. I used to swim competitively when I was young, stopped a little more than 10 years ago (i am 32). Now I am trying to improve my 50 free SCM. I just restarted swimming this year and swam my 50 in pratices at 27.5. I would love to get back to 24.9. Any tips or ideas on the trainig type? (technique should be fine and I know what to improve, its mostly the training type I am not so sure) I train 3 times a week and i'll eventually go to 4-5 when my body can handle it. Thanks!
Parents
  • Here's Swim Faster Faster there's a thread here called Ande's Swimming Blog that has all my workouts from Mar 2005 - Sep 2008. From late 2007 through 2008 when I was 44 & 45. I focused on strength and speed. It might help you to follow a season or 2 during that time. Start start around Dec 2007& you'll see each practice I did going into May 2008 SCY Nats in Austin & beyond. During that time I swam faster than I probably ever will again. I was very focused on strength and speed and was happy with my improvements from 2007. Andes Blog Dec 2007 Zones Mar 2008 Nats May 2008 LCM Meet June 2008 YOu can swim faster faster. Hope they help, Ande
  • Here's Swim Faster Faster there's a thread here called Ande's Swimming Blog that has all my workouts from Mar 2005 - Sep 2008. From late 2007 through 2008 when I was 44 & 45. I focused on strength and speed. It might help you to follow a season or 2 during that time. Start start around Dec 2007& you'll see each practice I did going into May 2008 SCY Nats in Austin & beyond. During that time I swam faster than I probably ever will again. I was very focused on strength and speed and was happy with my improvements from 2007. Andes Blog Dec 2007 Zones Mar 2008 Nats May 2008 LCM Meet June 2008 YOu can swim faster faster. Hope they help, Ande
Children
No Data