Training for pure speed

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I am looking for training method to improce sprint speed. I used to swim competitively when I was young, stopped a little more than 10 years ago (i am 32). Now I am trying to improve my 50 free SCM. I just restarted swimming this year and swam my 50 in pratices at 27.5. I would love to get back to 24.9. Any tips or ideas on the trainig type? (technique should be fine and I know what to improve, its mostly the training type I am not so sure) I train 3 times a week and i'll eventually go to 4-5 when my body can handle it. Thanks!
Parents
  • Rich is right, 50s require a lot of concentration on the start and turn. It also helps to cross train with weights and ample amounts of stretching. If you only want help in swimming, do many of your 25s as 35s (with a turn). No sense training for a race and not training for the turn and subsequent pushoff.
  • Rich is right, 50s require a lot of concentration on the start and turn. It also helps to cross train with weights and ample amounts of stretching. If you only want help in swimming, do many of your 25s as 35s (with a turn). No sense training for a race and not training for the turn and subsequent pushoff.
Children
No Data