Training for pure speed

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I am looking for training method to improce sprint speed. I used to swim competitively when I was young, stopped a little more than 10 years ago (i am 32). Now I am trying to improve my 50 free SCM. I just restarted swimming this year and swam my 50 in pratices at 27.5. I would love to get back to 24.9. Any tips or ideas on the trainig type? (technique should be fine and I know what to improve, its mostly the training type I am not so sure) I train 3 times a week and i'll eventually go to 4-5 when my body can handle it. Thanks!
Parents
  • The other thing you might check out is HIT - high intensity training. There is section on the USMS forum for workouts. There is one for HIT, however, the workouts that are currently being posted, in my opinion, are not HIT. If you can find the workouts that Leslie Livingston posted to the Forum last year, I think you would be better off. Her workouts were designed for the 50 sprinter and she herself held (or still holds) I think three of the 50m/y national records in her age group. Good luck. Glenn Gruber I am glad you made that comment.I haven't checked out the HIT thread for some time.I loved Leslie's workouts,but the new ones didn't seem HIT to me either,so I stopped reading them.
  • The other thing you might check out is HIT - high intensity training. There is section on the USMS forum for workouts. There is one for HIT, however, the workouts that are currently being posted, in my opinion, are not HIT. If you can find the workouts that Leslie Livingston posted to the Forum last year, I think you would be better off. Her workouts were designed for the 50 sprinter and she herself held (or still holds) I think three of the 50m/y national records in her age group. Good luck. Glenn Gruber I am glad you made that comment.I haven't checked out the HIT thread for some time.I loved Leslie's workouts,but the new ones didn't seem HIT to me either,so I stopped reading them.
Children
No Data