Training for pure speed

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I am looking for training method to improce sprint speed. I used to swim competitively when I was young, stopped a little more than 10 years ago (i am 32). Now I am trying to improve my 50 free SCM. I just restarted swimming this year and swam my 50 in pratices at 27.5. I would love to get back to 24.9. Any tips or ideas on the trainig type? (technique should be fine and I know what to improve, its mostly the training type I am not so sure) I train 3 times a week and i'll eventually go to 4-5 when my body can handle it. Thanks!
Parents
  • It may be helpful to remember that a 50 race is between 30% and 60% start and turn. You need to spend a significant amount of time improving these elements. Gary Hall Sr. Has an excellent series on freestyle flip turns at the Race Club website.
  • It may be helpful to remember that a 50 race is between 30% and 60% start and turn. You need to spend a significant amount of time improving these elements. Gary Hall Sr. Has an excellent series on freestyle flip turns at the Race Club website.
Children
No Data