Well Pfffffffft.

:badday:I just got back from practice and basically the coach told me I'd get more out of swim lessons than masters. I thought I was doing pretty well, but I guess he was blowing smoke up my skirt (or swimsuit) when he told me that during my first practice. Basically, if I don't want to swim with other people, masters probably isn't for me. I feel badly because I thought I'd found a home with this team. I know he's trying to do his best for me and is willing to give me lessons to improve my technique and get me comfortable enough to swim with the other beginners. But it feels like I've been sent to remedial swim class. So my confidence has been completely deflated. I joined masters because I thought I'd get a better workout than swimming alone. I know being in the lane with others makes you push yourself more, and I was working my way to that, and he said he wants me on his team. But honestly, I'm not interested in being on a team. I just want to get in the freakin' pool and swim for fitness.
Parents
  • the thought of going back there makes me ill.Then don’t go back. Find another program and coach that can help you meet your goals. Forget the 6 punches, your health is more important than a card. This is kind of like every time I take my daughter to a SlipKnot concert I leave with a massive headache and feeling like my ears are bleeding. So the simple solution is taking someone else next time.
  • the thought of going back there makes me ill.Then don’t go back. Find another program and coach that can help you meet your goals. Forget the 6 punches, your health is more important than a card. This is kind of like every time I take my daughter to a SlipKnot concert I leave with a massive headache and feeling like my ears are bleeding. So the simple solution is taking someone else next time.
Children
No Data