Leg Cramps/Calf and side of Calf

Hi: I've been having really bad cramping in both legs in the calf and the side of my leg that runs up from my ankle. I drink lots of water and my doc. had me taking calcium and magnesium. I've also started using a foam roller. These are literally cramping my swimming style and how often/far I can swim. Any ideas or suggestions. Thank you. Nancy
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Make sure your ankles are relaxed and you don't point your toes when you kick. Also check your Vitimine D levels. I have a medical condition that often interferes with D. When my D levels get low I get cramps, I ache all over and my bones are tender to the touch. I also experience cramps 'big time' when my Synthroid needs adjusting. When I say big time I mean cramps in my feet, calves, hamstring, hands and forearms. Has your doc checked your D and thyroid?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Make sure your ankles are relaxed and you don't point your toes when you kick. Also check your Vitimine D levels. I have a medical condition that often interferes with D. When my D levels get low I get cramps, I ache all over and my bones are tender to the touch. I also experience cramps 'big time' when my Synthroid needs adjusting. When I say big time I mean cramps in my feet, calves, hamstring, hands and forearms. Has your doc checked your D and thyroid?
Children
No Data