New adult learner-start sinking after first breadth

Former Member
Former Member
Hi all, I just started learning how to swim recently as an adult. I couldn't move while kicking and after searching online I found this forum and it really helped :applaud: thank you so much. I can now move, very slowly. I followed the youtube series here www.youtube.com/watch. But now I face next issue: In the last step, when I come up for air and come down I start sinking and stop moving, etc. Everything falls apart. Any suggestion? Thanks,
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    OK so report back: so I try the side breathing and it hasn't work yet. What I notice in the process is that in order for me to move by kicking or staying on top of the water I have to keep my head really low = look a bit behind not just look down and when I turn to the side my head's still not out of the water yet. I look around and in this vid http://youtu.be/iPsJ-Wnd4-U I notice that people slightly turn their body and just a bit more when they get air. For my case when I kick I have to focus all my mind on the kicking and I think that make the rest of my body rigid, no stroke no turn, don't know how to react. And I think that also make me unable to get back on top of the water once I start sinking I want to get a snorkel and learn kick and stroke first so I can spend more time in the water and relax my body before getback to breathing. Is it possible to learn this way?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    OK so report back: so I try the side breathing and it hasn't work yet. What I notice in the process is that in order for me to move by kicking or staying on top of the water I have to keep my head really low = look a bit behind not just look down and when I turn to the side my head's still not out of the water yet. I look around and in this vid http://youtu.be/iPsJ-Wnd4-U I notice that people slightly turn their body and just a bit more when they get air. For my case when I kick I have to focus all my mind on the kicking and I think that make the rest of my body rigid, no stroke no turn, don't know how to react. And I think that also make me unable to get back on top of the water once I start sinking I want to get a snorkel and learn kick and stroke first so I can spend more time in the water and relax my body before getback to breathing. Is it possible to learn this way?
Children
No Data