New adult learner-start sinking after first breadth

Former Member
Former Member
Hi all, I just started learning how to swim recently as an adult. I couldn't move while kicking and after searching online I found this forum and it really helped :applaud: thank you so much. I can now move, very slowly. I followed the youtube series here www.youtube.com/watch. But now I face next issue: In the last step, when I come up for air and come down I start sinking and stop moving, etc. Everything falls apart. Any suggestion? Thanks,
Parents
  • yes, practice at the wall. The guy in the video isn't lifting his head that much, but newbies tend to lift a lot and stop kicking, so they lose propulsion while making their body sink. I have done this when learning to swim and I overcame it by learning to breath bilaterally.
  • yes, practice at the wall. The guy in the video isn't lifting his head that much, but newbies tend to lift a lot and stop kicking, so they lose propulsion while making their body sink. I have done this when learning to swim and I overcame it by learning to breath bilaterally.
Children
No Data