Improving Speed

Have been a masters swimmer for almost 3 years. I seem to have hit a plateau in improving my 100 free speed, which is not fast. I can't get below 1:29 in the 100; My fastest 50 is :42. I have increased by yardage to about 3500 per workout (from 2500) with more interval work five times per week. Also, I cycle and lift weights about three times a week. I am 52, 6'3" and weigh 195; the main feedback I get from the masters coach is I need to minimize head movement during sprints.
Parents
  • Are those meters times or yards times? You are getting more than enough pool time and should be swimming faster by now. A good metric for technique is slow swimming and studying body position, body line, recovery/catch/pull. This can expose many flaws in technique that could otherwise be hidden when thrashing at race pace. With technique issues solved, then build in race pace swimming.
  • Are those meters times or yards times? You are getting more than enough pool time and should be swimming faster by now. A good metric for technique is slow swimming and studying body position, body line, recovery/catch/pull. This can expose many flaws in technique that could otherwise be hidden when thrashing at race pace. With technique issues solved, then build in race pace swimming.
Children
No Data