Improving Speed

Have been a masters swimmer for almost 3 years. I seem to have hit a plateau in improving my 100 free speed, which is not fast. I can't get below 1:29 in the 100; My fastest 50 is :42. I have increased by yardage to about 3500 per workout (from 2500) with more interval work five times per week. Also, I cycle and lift weights about three times a week. I am 52, 6'3" and weigh 195; the main feedback I get from the masters coach is I need to minimize head movement during sprints.
Parents
  • Absolutely,the main and best way to get faster is to improve technique,but another common reason swimmers plateau is lack of race pace work. If your focus race is the 100,how much work do you do at 100 race pace?.Check out this thread for a good discussion of race pace forums.usms.org/showthread.php
  • Absolutely,the main and best way to get faster is to improve technique,but another common reason swimmers plateau is lack of race pace work. If your focus race is the 100,how much work do you do at 100 race pace?.Check out this thread for a good discussion of race pace forums.usms.org/showthread.php
Children
No Data