Improving Speed

Have been a masters swimmer for almost 3 years. I seem to have hit a plateau in improving my 100 free speed, which is not fast. I can't get below 1:29 in the 100; My fastest 50 is :42. I have increased by yardage to about 3500 per workout (from 2500) with more interval work five times per week. Also, I cycle and lift weights about three times a week. I am 52, 6'3" and weigh 195; the main feedback I get from the masters coach is I need to minimize head movement during sprints.
Parents
  • ... I cycle and lift weights about three times a week ... I am 52, 6'3" and weigh 195 ... You are obviously a very fit guy. The problem must be that you are using all your energy battling water resistance. Water is 800 times denser than air. No amount of training can overcome water resistance. The water will always win. You have to avoid water resistance. Here are my two all-time favorite videos. Take videos of yourself. Post them here if you like. Karlyn Pipes. Study every frame. See her body position? No resistance. 2bPvk0paWcg Ande Rasmussen. This is masterful. Do try this at home. No resistance. 6ENgHo4KrSs
  • ... I cycle and lift weights about three times a week ... I am 52, 6'3" and weigh 195 ... You are obviously a very fit guy. The problem must be that you are using all your energy battling water resistance. Water is 800 times denser than air. No amount of training can overcome water resistance. The water will always win. You have to avoid water resistance. Here are my two all-time favorite videos. Take videos of yourself. Post them here if you like. Karlyn Pipes. Study every frame. See her body position? No resistance. 2bPvk0paWcg Ande Rasmussen. This is masterful. Do try this at home. No resistance. 6ENgHo4KrSs
Children
No Data