the freestyle sprinting pull

Former Member
Former Member
What is the concensus on the modern freestyle pull for sprints; is it straight back or slightly curved (S-shaped like the butterfly pull but with less curve)? Additionally, links to diagrams/articles would also be greatly appreciated!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 22 years ago
    Originally posted by SupaFly What is the concensus on the modern freestyle pull for sprints; is it straight back or slightly curved (S-shaped like the butterfly pull but with less curve)? Additionally, links to diagrams/articles would also be greatly appreciated! SupaFly TJ, I don't know what a poll would show about the consensus, but I know that fast swimmers pull straight. In www.usswim.org there used to be a feature called 'Ask the Sperstar' where the sprinter Anthony Ervin (US) answered a poster last year to get rid of the S-shape when pulling. Australian swimmers and the sprinter Inge de Bruijn (Ned.) are notorious for swimming with straigh arms above the water and in the water when pulling.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 22 years ago
    Originally posted by SupaFly What is the concensus on the modern freestyle pull for sprints; is it straight back or slightly curved (S-shaped like the butterfly pull but with less curve)? Additionally, links to diagrams/articles would also be greatly appreciated! SupaFly TJ, I don't know what a poll would show about the consensus, but I know that fast swimmers pull straight. In www.usswim.org there used to be a feature called 'Ask the Sperstar' where the sprinter Anthony Ervin (US) answered a poster last year to get rid of the S-shape when pulling. Australian swimmers and the sprinter Inge de Bruijn (Ned.) are notorious for swimming with straigh arms above the water and in the water when pulling.
Children
No Data