What is the best way to train in a pool for an open water?

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, Good morning everybody. In the website www.body360nutritionals.com/.../bodycrunch.htm I found some information about Whey protein and casein protein. Can someone please tell me which one is good for a swimmer?
Parents
  • I did my first o/w event--2.4 miles--with absolutely no o/w training experience. I think I had been swimming with masters groups for 3-4 years, maybe 5x a week, average distance 3-4000 yards. No, I certainly didn't win the race, and that definitely wasn't my intention. But I did place decently for me. I truthfully think that if you're swimming regularly, and you just want to finish, you'll be fine. Actually I asked the organizer of the local SCAR swim a while back (when I thought I might be able to do a leg) what the best way was to train for it. His answer, "keep coming to team workouts."
  • I did my first o/w event--2.4 miles--with absolutely no o/w training experience. I think I had been swimming with masters groups for 3-4 years, maybe 5x a week, average distance 3-4000 yards. No, I certainly didn't win the race, and that definitely wasn't my intention. But I did place decently for me. I truthfully think that if you're swimming regularly, and you just want to finish, you'll be fine. Actually I asked the organizer of the local SCAR swim a while back (when I thought I might be able to do a leg) what the best way was to train for it. His answer, "keep coming to team workouts."
Children
No Data