What is the best way to train in a pool for an open water?

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, Good morning everybody. In the website www.body360nutritionals.com/.../bodycrunch.htm I found some information about Whey protein and casein protein. Can someone please tell me which one is good for a swimmer?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I've participated in three open water swims in the last year or so and I trained for all of them in a 25m pool for the most part (I went to a 50m pool a couple of times). My guess is that you're not good at sighting yet. You should be able to find some videos on YouTube. Actually, I've embedded a good video below. If I'm right about your sighting, you might want to find out about the course and think about strategy. For example, when I swam the swimming portion as part of relay team in a full distance triathlon, I talked to people who entered the same race the previous year. I found out that I could follow a wall of the man-made lake if I went to the far right on the way out, and then the wall on the opposite side on the way back. I breathe to the right so I couldn't follow the rope that is to the left of swimmers (in the middle of the course). Starting on the far right at the beginning turned out to be a great help in that I avoided the fight at the beginning of the race. Once you get started and figure out your sighting, your swim shouldn't be all that different from what you experience in the pool. Just find your rhythm and go! Good luck. www.youtube.com/watch
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I've participated in three open water swims in the last year or so and I trained for all of them in a 25m pool for the most part (I went to a 50m pool a couple of times). My guess is that you're not good at sighting yet. You should be able to find some videos on YouTube. Actually, I've embedded a good video below. If I'm right about your sighting, you might want to find out about the course and think about strategy. For example, when I swam the swimming portion as part of relay team in a full distance triathlon, I talked to people who entered the same race the previous year. I found out that I could follow a wall of the man-made lake if I went to the far right on the way out, and then the wall on the opposite side on the way back. I breathe to the right so I couldn't follow the rope that is to the left of swimmers (in the middle of the course). Starting on the far right at the beginning turned out to be a great help in that I avoided the fight at the beginning of the race. Once you get started and figure out your sighting, your swim shouldn't be all that different from what you experience in the pool. Just find your rhythm and go! Good luck. www.youtube.com/watch
Children
No Data