Swimming in the sea

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, Good morning everybody. I found the website campgear.com provides osprey backpacks and I want to shop some backpacks from here. But I am a little bit confused about the quality and origin of their backpacks. Has anyone have used their backpacks before? Please tell me about their products' quality or give me some other ideas.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I swim in the ocean 90% of the time. I try to keep the ocean floor about a foot below my arm reach for safety. Calm conditions allow for breathing any direction but i suggest bi lateral BC you can keep the waves outta your face and maybe more important you can learn to parallel the beach perfectly by sighting the shore/objects. Bi lateral took me 8 months until I finally got it. I just woke up one day and forgot about my weak side and realized a half mile in I was cruising no problem. Make sure you can do sprints until exhausted and then be able to continue on in case something happens out there. I wasn't a strong swimmer at all and looking back I should have not started in the ocean. Regardless the ocean seemed to force me into good form. I love the days the waves are diagonal BC I haul major ass one direction and feel like Phelps then reality hits the other way lol. But that hard direction really exercises your muscles and forces you to really rely on a killer strong rotation and quality kick(for me a 2 beat)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I swim in the ocean 90% of the time. I try to keep the ocean floor about a foot below my arm reach for safety. Calm conditions allow for breathing any direction but i suggest bi lateral BC you can keep the waves outta your face and maybe more important you can learn to parallel the beach perfectly by sighting the shore/objects. Bi lateral took me 8 months until I finally got it. I just woke up one day and forgot about my weak side and realized a half mile in I was cruising no problem. Make sure you can do sprints until exhausted and then be able to continue on in case something happens out there. I wasn't a strong swimmer at all and looking back I should have not started in the ocean. Regardless the ocean seemed to force me into good form. I love the days the waves are diagonal BC I haul major ass one direction and feel like Phelps then reality hits the other way lol. But that hard direction really exercises your muscles and forces you to really rely on a killer strong rotation and quality kick(for me a 2 beat)
Children
No Data