Swim Machines

Former Member
Former Member
It's been about 10 years since I was last active here. And almost as long since I worked out regularly. Yes, I'm embarrassed to admit that. We'll be moving to warm climates soon and plan to buy a house with a pool. And I plan to use it to get back in shape. But every pool we've seen is simply too small to get a decent workout in. I had thought about adding a workout lane but finding a house with 25 yards available to install the lane is difficult. So I've been wondering about swim machines, the kind you install in a pool. Do they work? Are they worth it? Do you get a decent workout? And information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Julie
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I've checked out Fastlane, the machine that you can put in your pool that's made by Endless Pool. In the reviews, some loved it, some hated it and many said support was awful. That kind of worried me. Watching the videos, it looked like a pretty narrow stream is created and some swimmers were right in front of it, almost close enough to touch it. So I was wondering, for those who have used a swim machine, if it's hard to swim where you need to be to stay in the stream or if you ever run into it? And for the owners, what has been your experience owning the machine?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I've checked out Fastlane, the machine that you can put in your pool that's made by Endless Pool. In the reviews, some loved it, some hated it and many said support was awful. That kind of worried me. Watching the videos, it looked like a pretty narrow stream is created and some swimmers were right in front of it, almost close enough to touch it. So I was wondering, for those who have used a swim machine, if it's hard to swim where you need to be to stay in the stream or if you ever run into it? And for the owners, what has been your experience owning the machine?
Children
No Data