Looking for really good earplugs

I have a perforated eardrum and have recently started swimming again. (I know, maybe I should have repaired the eardrum before getting in the water, but there was no guarantee the repair would work). I'm currently using Mack's, but it's not working to the degree I expected. I'm still getting water in my ear - and it HURTS! Needless to say, I can't keep getting water in my ear (pain aside) I risk infection and other complications. Since the first day, I haven't been able to recreate the "perfect seal" to keep water out. According to product label, I should also be able to get a few uses out of one earplug before requiring a new one...but no luck. Even a new one didn't work as well the second time as it did the first. Disappointing. Can anyone recommend an earplug that's fool proof and will keep water out? Or maybe a trick to how to better use what I've got? (I am following product instructions and not forming the plug to my ear canal. I'm using it as a "cap" to the canal.) I'd appreciate the feedback! :)
Parents
  • Interesting update for those following along.... While I haven't been able to get back into the water yet (mostly because of work)... I did have my last post-op follow up that also included a hearing test. <<>> My hearing has been restored to perfect. The minimal loss I did have at the lower range - successfully corrected with the ear drum repair! Oddly enough, I didn't even think the hearing could/would be restored. Wasn't even an expectation. I couldn't be happier! So the big test is still on hold until work settles down...but I had to share this update - just too cool not to! YAY me! :wiggle:
  • Interesting update for those following along.... While I haven't been able to get back into the water yet (mostly because of work)... I did have my last post-op follow up that also included a hearing test. <<>> My hearing has been restored to perfect. The minimal loss I did have at the lower range - successfully corrected with the ear drum repair! Oddly enough, I didn't even think the hearing could/would be restored. Wasn't even an expectation. I couldn't be happier! So the big test is still on hold until work settles down...but I had to share this update - just too cool not to! YAY me! :wiggle:
Children
No Data