Looking for really good earplugs

I have a perforated eardrum and have recently started swimming again. (I know, maybe I should have repaired the eardrum before getting in the water, but there was no guarantee the repair would work). I'm currently using Mack's, but it's not working to the degree I expected. I'm still getting water in my ear - and it HURTS! Needless to say, I can't keep getting water in my ear (pain aside) I risk infection and other complications. Since the first day, I haven't been able to recreate the "perfect seal" to keep water out. According to product label, I should also be able to get a few uses out of one earplug before requiring a new one...but no luck. Even a new one didn't work as well the second time as it did the first. Disappointing. Can anyone recommend an earplug that's fool proof and will keep water out? Or maybe a trick to how to better use what I've got? (I am following product instructions and not forming the plug to my ear canal. I'm using it as a "cap" to the canal.) I'd appreciate the feedback! :)
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I share your frustration. I know what it is like waiting to get back into the water again. It feels like an eternity and even just a whiff of chlorine is enough to give you the shakes and send you into serious withdrawal. Hang in there. Spend your time planning how you are going ease back into it the first month. Plan you workouts, do some reading on technique, go and buy a new suit or some new equipment and watch videos of Ian Thorpe swimming in slow motion and get inspired! Not much longer now!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I share your frustration. I know what it is like waiting to get back into the water again. It feels like an eternity and even just a whiff of chlorine is enough to give you the shakes and send you into serious withdrawal. Hang in there. Spend your time planning how you are going ease back into it the first month. Plan you workouts, do some reading on technique, go and buy a new suit or some new equipment and watch videos of Ian Thorpe swimming in slow motion and get inspired! Not much longer now!
Children
No Data