Looking for really good earplugs

I have a perforated eardrum and have recently started swimming again. (I know, maybe I should have repaired the eardrum before getting in the water, but there was no guarantee the repair would work). I'm currently using Mack's, but it's not working to the degree I expected. I'm still getting water in my ear - and it HURTS! Needless to say, I can't keep getting water in my ear (pain aside) I risk infection and other complications. Since the first day, I haven't been able to recreate the "perfect seal" to keep water out. According to product label, I should also be able to get a few uses out of one earplug before requiring a new one...but no luck. Even a new one didn't work as well the second time as it did the first. Disappointing. Can anyone recommend an earplug that's fool proof and will keep water out? Or maybe a trick to how to better use what I've got? (I am following product instructions and not forming the plug to my ear canal. I'm using it as a "cap" to the canal.) I'd appreciate the feedback! :)
Parents
  • If you don't mind, how did you injure your eardrum? I've been having ongoing ear trouble lately. Had an infection too. Found that certain plugs would irritate. Had recent success with the ones with the built in check valves. I rinse them prior to use with isopropyl alcohol.
  • If you don't mind, how did you injure your eardrum? I've been having ongoing ear trouble lately. Had an infection too. Found that certain plugs would irritate. Had recent success with the ones with the built in check valves. I rinse them prior to use with isopropyl alcohol.
Children
No Data