I did it!

I swam in my first meet ever last Sunday! I swam all five of my events and beat all of my practice times (some significantly), except for my 50 back, which I had been considering scratching, but it was my last event and I was having so much fun I thought why not? My husband (and two of our swim team kids) came along and he felt the itch to compete, so he's going to start training for our next meet in November. Thank you all for all of your help and support. I did my breaststroke pull outs, didn't get DQd, dove off the blocks just fine, and got a lot of feedback and have a lot to work on. Unfortunately I strained my left shoulder (which I think was caused by improper stroke technique), so I'm having to adjust my workouts, but I just can't wait to get to the pool in the mornings. Oh, and I found a group with a coach to work with! I'm hooked! Thanks! Elizabeth Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Parents
  • Hi Karl. Yes, I'm very excited about the state games of America next summer. They are taking the place of our annual state games, which our kids swam in last year. It'll probably be my first LCM opportunity. My husband is going to start swimming competitively too, so it'll be a family affair! We have plans to compete in the open water events as well. I hope some of you can join us! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Hi Karl. Yes, I'm very excited about the state games of America next summer. They are taking the place of our annual state games, which our kids swam in last year. It'll probably be my first LCM opportunity. My husband is going to start swimming competitively too, so it'll be a family affair! We have plans to compete in the open water events as well. I hope some of you can join us! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Children
No Data