USRPT

Has anyone tried this? It seems to make sense-not sure it will work for a swimmer training alone. :D
Parents
  • We have a small contingent of swimmers who compete... I have yet to see a USMS team with more than a few swimmers who compete on a regular basis. If I had to guess, I'd say there are 5 swimmers from my current team who compete regularly (at least 1 SCY, LCM, and SCM meet per year), out of over 100 swimmers. Sure there are many more who support just team meets or something like that. Several years ago, the question was posed, "what % of masters swimmers do at least 1 meet per year?" I believe the answer was in the range of 60-70%. My coach has also incorporated some aspects of USRPT into our workouts, typically on Tuesdays, which are speed days. While I'm sure they are helpful, I struggle to see how swimming fast 25s at 100 race pace will help a longer open water swim (which is what more of my team actually does).
  • We have a small contingent of swimmers who compete... I have yet to see a USMS team with more than a few swimmers who compete on a regular basis. If I had to guess, I'd say there are 5 swimmers from my current team who compete regularly (at least 1 SCY, LCM, and SCM meet per year), out of over 100 swimmers. Sure there are many more who support just team meets or something like that. Several years ago, the question was posed, "what % of masters swimmers do at least 1 meet per year?" I believe the answer was in the range of 60-70%. My coach has also incorporated some aspects of USRPT into our workouts, typically on Tuesdays, which are speed days. While I'm sure they are helpful, I struggle to see how swimming fast 25s at 100 race pace will help a longer open water swim (which is what more of my team actually does).
Children
No Data