What do you do the day before a (small) meet?

I'm sorry I've somewhat overwhelmed this board with my newbie questions, but I have one more. What do you do the week/day leading up to your meet? Keep in mind, this is a very small meet. I've read a little bit about the tapering you do for the big meets, and I know that doesn't apply here. So what's my best plan of attack? I usually swim six days a week. Some of the swims are 2000 yard non-stop swims while others are sprint and drill practices, with rests in between. I currently plan on keeping my routine the same the week before the meet (which is on a Sunday morning, a morning when I'm always swimming, so that's convenient). But I don't know if I should do equal practices of steady swimming/sprinting, or focus on one more than the other. Also, the day before the meet especially. Should I not swim at all? And if I should, what kind of workout should it be? I'm curious what you all do. Again, this is a small and short (estimated three hours total) morning meet. Thanks again! Elizabeth
Parents Reply Children
No Data