Breaststroke pull-out

Two questions. Is doing the pullout required in a meet (meaning if you skip the pull-out, could you get DQ'd)? And is there anyway the pull-out could be misinterpreted as an illegal stroke since it is the only time the arms are allowed to move down to the hips? I'm wondering if, in my upcoming first meet, I'd be better off skipping the pull-out (at risk of getting DQ) or studying it well and practicing it with the intention of doing it? Thanks!
Parents
  • Yeah I second that notion, don't be afraid of a DQ. Practicing and racing are two different circumstances. If it helps, you can think of your first few meets as practice racing :) If you're interested in pullouts, here's a link to one of the videos I use when teaching stroke clinics. It shows pullouts from various elite athletes. You will see there are many variations. www.youtube.com/watch Cheers, -Isaac
  • Yeah I second that notion, don't be afraid of a DQ. Practicing and racing are two different circumstances. If it helps, you can think of your first few meets as practice racing :) If you're interested in pullouts, here's a link to one of the videos I use when teaching stroke clinics. It shows pullouts from various elite athletes. You will see there are many variations. www.youtube.com/watch Cheers, -Isaac
Children
No Data