Breaststroke pull-out

Two questions. Is doing the pullout required in a meet (meaning if you skip the pull-out, could you get DQ'd)? And is there anyway the pull-out could be misinterpreted as an illegal stroke since it is the only time the arms are allowed to move down to the hips? I'm wondering if, in my upcoming first meet, I'd be better off skipping the pull-out (at risk of getting DQ) or studying it well and practicing it with the intention of doing it? Thanks!
Parents
  • I love the breaststroke but am so scared of DQ and don't want to mess it up.Being DQ’ed is not the end of the world. Focus on the positives, like this is your first meet, which is a big accomplishment. Enjoy the moment and the people. If you get DQ’ed for a stroke infraction, you have still completed the race and you will have a time for your race. Is it that important it is an official time?
  • I love the breaststroke but am so scared of DQ and don't want to mess it up.Being DQ’ed is not the end of the world. Focus on the positives, like this is your first meet, which is a big accomplishment. Enjoy the moment and the people. If you get DQ’ed for a stroke infraction, you have still completed the race and you will have a time for your race. Is it that important it is an official time?
Children
No Data