Brand New Here, Need Some Help with competition rules

Hello! I just joined USMS today. I live in Nebraska and joined through this state, but want to compete in an upcoming meet in Missouri. Is that allowed? Thank you!
Parents
  • Michael, Thank you so much for all of the welcoming information. It is funny you'd mention entering an event I wouldn't have thought to. This being my first meet, every event is new. However, I have always thought of myself as a sprinter, not just in swimming, but anything athletic. Running, gymnastics, martial arts ... Nearly everything I have done or still do tends to favor quick ( 3-mins or less) bursts of intense, all-out energy. The only one that was different was running. While I didn't ever compete in track, I would've preferred the sprinting events. In adulthood I have run a couple of 5ks and that was quite the challenge and I struggled. That said, I have recently been able to swim 1000+ yards of freestyle during practice and I'm finding that I actually enjoy the longer distance. I have another meet coming up in November, so I just might try entering a longer distance event. And I like your suggestion of trying out every event at some point. Sounds like a fun challenge. I need help on my Fly, so at this point those events are out, but maybe by November I could try the 100 IM (SCY). Thanks again!
  • Michael, Thank you so much for all of the welcoming information. It is funny you'd mention entering an event I wouldn't have thought to. This being my first meet, every event is new. However, I have always thought of myself as a sprinter, not just in swimming, but anything athletic. Running, gymnastics, martial arts ... Nearly everything I have done or still do tends to favor quick ( 3-mins or less) bursts of intense, all-out energy. The only one that was different was running. While I didn't ever compete in track, I would've preferred the sprinting events. In adulthood I have run a couple of 5ks and that was quite the challenge and I struggled. That said, I have recently been able to swim 1000+ yards of freestyle during practice and I'm finding that I actually enjoy the longer distance. I have another meet coming up in November, so I just might try entering a longer distance event. And I like your suggestion of trying out every event at some point. Sounds like a fun challenge. I need help on my Fly, so at this point those events are out, but maybe by November I could try the 100 IM (SCY). Thanks again!
Children
No Data