Brand New Here, Need Some Help with competition rules

Hello! I just joined USMS today. I live in Nebraska and joined through this state, but want to compete in an upcoming meet in Missouri. Is that allowed? Thank you!
Parents
  • Momof5, Welcome to USMS! I hope you have a long, rewarding membership experience. While competition is the glue that holds our organization together, it is by no means used to evaluate anyone. It is far more an excuse to get into the pool with like minded people who want to find out how well their training is going. You will find people very supportive and helpful. Entering meets out of town or out of state are not only OK, but sometimes you will find the meet directors thanking you for taking the time to travel to their meet. When you joined, you did so through the "Local Masters Swimming Committee" (LMSC), a subsidiary organization of USMS. You are a national member right away, needing no permission to enter any sanctioned USMS meet anywhere in the country. The LMSCs (there are 52 of them) offer information and education to local members in various ways, most commonly a periodic newsletter. USMS also has a national office which can give general information about USMS and assist you in finding services or people who know what is what. If you have not already entered your meet, try entering an event you have never even thought of doing. You may find out that you really enjoy it! There are some people who arrange their schedule in order to swim every event offered by the end of the season.
  • Momof5, Welcome to USMS! I hope you have a long, rewarding membership experience. While competition is the glue that holds our organization together, it is by no means used to evaluate anyone. It is far more an excuse to get into the pool with like minded people who want to find out how well their training is going. You will find people very supportive and helpful. Entering meets out of town or out of state are not only OK, but sometimes you will find the meet directors thanking you for taking the time to travel to their meet. When you joined, you did so through the "Local Masters Swimming Committee" (LMSC), a subsidiary organization of USMS. You are a national member right away, needing no permission to enter any sanctioned USMS meet anywhere in the country. The LMSCs (there are 52 of them) offer information and education to local members in various ways, most commonly a periodic newsletter. USMS also has a national office which can give general information about USMS and assist you in finding services or people who know what is what. If you have not already entered your meet, try entering an event you have never even thought of doing. You may find out that you really enjoy it! There are some people who arrange their schedule in order to swim every event offered by the end of the season.
Children
No Data