Brand New Here, Need Some Help with competition rules

Hello! I just joined USMS today. I live in Nebraska and joined through this state, but want to compete in an upcoming meet in Missouri. Is that allowed? Thank you!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Thank you all so much! I'm getting really excited. I'm still struggling with what events to select, but narrowing it down. And like flystorms said, whatever I enter will result in a personal best. I like that! Thanks to all of you and keep the input coming! You should review the swimming rules before the meet as there are rules like no wearing watches and if you are doing stokes other than free (front crawl) there are specific rules on how to turn and touch the wall. A good video explaining the most common disqualifications can be found here: www.youtube.com/watch It is Canadian but the rules are almost identical.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Thank you all so much! I'm getting really excited. I'm still struggling with what events to select, but narrowing it down. And like flystorms said, whatever I enter will result in a personal best. I like that! Thanks to all of you and keep the input coming! You should review the swimming rules before the meet as there are rules like no wearing watches and if you are doing stokes other than free (front crawl) there are specific rules on how to turn and touch the wall. A good video explaining the most common disqualifications can be found here: www.youtube.com/watch It is Canadian but the rules are almost identical.
Children
No Data