Brand New Here, Need Some Help with competition rules

Hello! I just joined USMS today. I live in Nebraska and joined through this state, but want to compete in an upcoming meet in Missouri. Is that allowed? Thank you!
Parents
  • Tip #1. Have fun. Tip #2. See tip #1. I need to travel for meets as well, so leaving your state is no biggie. There is nothing to be embarrassed about either. Masters meets are full of people of all ages and abilities. Usually the word gets out that someone is competing for the first time ever (like you) and that sparks interest in the other swimmers. Not to point and laugh, but to encourage and cheer. take you kids for 2 reasons. First, they can give you advise at the meet, and second, they get a taste of what you endure during their meets (insert evil laugh here) :joker:. It's a great activity to share with your kids, that you all will appreciate in the future. Talk with them about how they prepare for a meet, and follow their lead. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself about achieving specific times, etc, and focus on the experience. Good luck!
  • Tip #1. Have fun. Tip #2. See tip #1. I need to travel for meets as well, so leaving your state is no biggie. There is nothing to be embarrassed about either. Masters meets are full of people of all ages and abilities. Usually the word gets out that someone is competing for the first time ever (like you) and that sparks interest in the other swimmers. Not to point and laugh, but to encourage and cheer. take you kids for 2 reasons. First, they can give you advise at the meet, and second, they get a taste of what you endure during their meets (insert evil laugh here) :joker:. It's a great activity to share with your kids, that you all will appreciate in the future. Talk with them about how they prepare for a meet, and follow their lead. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself about achieving specific times, etc, and focus on the experience. Good luck!
Children
No Data