paddles banned during meet warm ups?

I was told to remove my paddles and bouy today at a swim meet during warm up. 3 swimmers in the lane. I never heard of this rule. I usually never use anything during warm ups. My last meet i was so tight, I decided to do a more involved longer warm up. I was surprised at the rule. :bitching:
Parents
  • In practice once I whacked my hand (my finger) into someone's paddle in the lane next to me. I don't know if it was my fault, the other person's fault, or both, but it really, really hurt. The fingernail later turned black and fell off. So, while this was not the most debilitating injury ever, I still think there is good reason not to allow them during meet warm ups when the lanes are so crowded.
  • In practice once I whacked my hand (my finger) into someone's paddle in the lane next to me. I don't know if it was my fault, the other person's fault, or both, but it really, really hurt. The fingernail later turned black and fell off. So, while this was not the most debilitating injury ever, I still think there is good reason not to allow them during meet warm ups when the lanes are so crowded.
Children
No Data