paddles banned during meet warm ups?

I was told to remove my paddles and bouy today at a swim meet during warm up. 3 swimmers in the lane. I never heard of this rule. I usually never use anything during warm ups. My last meet i was so tight, I decided to do a more involved longer warm up. I was surprised at the rule. :bitching:
Parents
  • It’s interesting to see Worlds is using the U.S. Masters Swimming warm-up rule. My thanks to you and the rest of the USMS Rules Committee for bringing safety, caution and control to the process! thanks a lot Rob. we sure do try hard!!! we had another 2hr teleconf last night going over "stuff" for convention. it was the followup to the 2hrs from the week before. honestly hitting paddles dont scare me none. as a kid we used to file/sharpen the corners just for bloodsport. how stupid was that? but never got hurt nor heard of anybody getting hurt every by paddles. now hitting arms? oh heck yeah! me and gil d. cracked bones one day in a workout. we both got out. crack your ulna on another ulna and tell me how much more you swim that day! yes it was a real crack in the bone.
  • It’s interesting to see Worlds is using the U.S. Masters Swimming warm-up rule. My thanks to you and the rest of the USMS Rules Committee for bringing safety, caution and control to the process! thanks a lot Rob. we sure do try hard!!! we had another 2hr teleconf last night going over "stuff" for convention. it was the followup to the 2hrs from the week before. honestly hitting paddles dont scare me none. as a kid we used to file/sharpen the corners just for bloodsport. how stupid was that? but never got hurt nor heard of anybody getting hurt every by paddles. now hitting arms? oh heck yeah! me and gil d. cracked bones one day in a workout. we both got out. crack your ulna on another ulna and tell me how much more you swim that day! yes it was a real crack in the bone.
Children
No Data